Friday, May 23, 2008

Mum, I can see!!!


Today Christian got his glasses. After months of squinting it was finally time to get his eyes tested. We not only found out that he is nearsighted, but also color blind! My father was color blind as are a couple of my nephews so I guess he got a little something from both families (Rex's family all need glasses - coke bottles at that!) Christian loves the fact that he can see. "Hey Mum, the mountains have bumps on them." I guess it was all just a blurr before. He's so excited with his new world. I'm so happy for him.

I'm also very relieved because on Sunday I convinced Christian that he needed a haircut. He'd been growing his hair long. He wanted to be a skater dude. I couldn't deal with it any more so after a little bribery out came the clippers. WELL, what a traumatic experience for both of us. It just kept getting shorter and shorter and, well, now I'm banned from going anywhere near his head! He was really upset about how short it was. I was upset because he said he was embarrassed and wouldn't go to church and school was out of the question. Moral of the story; just because you could shear sheep when you were five, doesn't mean you can do the same to your eight year-old. I love you Christian.

5 comments:

Wade said...

HE LOOKS SO HANDSOME!!! I love the short hair and the glasses make him look so smart!

TNTWilliams said...

I am so glad to see that you are up and running again in the blogging world. I keep checking on you-I knew you would be back. Your pictures of CA are awesome. It makes me want to head for the ocean. I laughed about your haircutting experience. I will have to tell you a funny story about that some time. I am glad that you are done with school-you are awesome! Much love!

the Roberson family said...

I think he looks VERY handsome, glasses, and short hair. Every one of your children are so beautiful it wouldn't matter what kind of hair-do they have!

Natallee said...

YEAH!! I am so glad you told me you got back on your blog! I have missed your blogging life ;) I love the glass- so handsome and I also love the stories in your recap of the last 5 months!! I am just glad you made it back from CA ok- scary!! Glad you had fun in San Diego!!

Crystal said...

hey hey!!

I just tried to reply to your email but it keeps getting returned cause it says it's spam...I have tried sending a few emails over the last year but they always get returned?? Anyway cool to have another blogging buddy - will try and get lian on the bandwagon too.

in the meantime - sort out your email so it stops rejecting me!! ;)

Love Crystal